"Materials" means all Content, applications (APPs), electronic or hard copies and associated intellectual property related to the delivery of Bugs & Drugs content including this website. These Materials are owned and operated by Alberta Health Services ("AHS"). By using these Materials, you, the user agree to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions"). If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions, you must discontinue your use of the Materials immediately. AHS may change the content of the Materials, including all text, data, information, recordings, graphics, images, icons and any other content (collectively, the "Content") at any time without notice. These Terms and Conditions may be revised by AHS at any time without notice. Please review the Terms and Conditions regularly as your continued use of the Materials will constitute your agreement to any changes. You will find the date of the last revision of the Terms and Conditions at the top of the page.
1. THESE MATERIALS DO NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE The Materials are provided for general information purposes only. The Materials are not intended to replace consultations with a health care professional or to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any medical or health questions. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in the Materials.
2. PROPRIETARY RIGHT AND GRANT OF LIMITED LICENSE The Materials are protected by copyright, trade-mark and other proprietary rights of AHS or third parties. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions, no portion of the Materials including without limitation trade-marks, trade names and logos, may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior written permission from AHS or the applicable third party. Any unauthorized downloading, redistribution, retransmission, copying, modification or commercial use of the Content may be a violation of federal or other law and could result in legal action. Subject to the preceding paragraph, AHS grants to you a limited license to display, print and use the Materials solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Such license is revocable by AHS at any time at the sole option of AHS. In consideration of this limited license, you shall ensure that all copyright, trade-mark and other proprietary notices are retained on any copy of the Materials in the same form and manner as on the original.
3. CURRENCY AND ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AHS has used reasonable efforts to ensure the information provided in the Materials is accurate when posted. However, AHS does not make any representation or warranty of any kind as to the quality, accuracy, currency or completeness of the Materials. The views or opinions expressed in the Materials do not necessarily reflect those views or opinions of AHS. AHS does not endorse or recommend any products, services, techniques or procedures mentioned in the Materials.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY THE MATERIALS, INCLUDING THE CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY In no event shall AHS, its officers, employees or agents or any supplier of Content mentioned in the Materials be liable for any losses, damages, claims or expenses whatsoever including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption, resulting from the use, misuse or inability to use the Materials, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or other legal theory, and whether or not AHS is advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. NON-CONFIDENTIALITY Absent the use of encryption, the Internet and APP are not secure media and privacy cannot be ensured. Information provided to AHS by virtue of the Materials will be received by AHS on a non-confidential basis. We recommend the use of appropriate security, antivirus and other protective software. AHS assumes no liability for the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data transmitted in connection with the Materials and does not warrant that the Materials are free of infection, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
7. LINKS The Materials may contain links to websites and servers maintained by third parties over whom AHS has no control. These links have been provided solely as a convenience for users of this Site and do not constitute an endorsement by AHS of the content of such third party sites. AHS makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites.
8. JURISDICTION The Materials are administered by AHS, which is located in Alberta, Canada. Any matter arising out of the use of the Materials shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta to determine any action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with these Materials.
9. SUBMISSIONS All information submitted to AHS via the Materials shall be deemed and remain the property of AHS and AHS shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided to AHS. You agree that any information submitted to AHS does not infringe the intellectual property rights, including copyright, trade-mark, trade secret or patent rights, of any third party and you grant AHS the right to provide access to the information on the Site.
10. GENERAL These Terms and Conditions represent the entire agreement between every user and AHS regarding use of the Materials. In the event a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms and Conditions to be unenforceable, the remainder of the provisions shall be unaffected and continue in full force and effect. The failure of AHS to enforce strict performance of any provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any such provision or right. You agree that your use of the Materials shall not violate any applicable local, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, your limited license to use the Materials will automatically terminate. You must immediately cease your use of the Materials and destroy any copies of the Materials or any portion thereof. More Information
For questions about the Materials, or for permissions regarding proprietary rights, please contact us at email@example.com